Notes to Passengers
For your own comfort and safety and those of other passengers, please observe the following rules:
1. Please queue up for and board the bus as directed; give passengers in wheelchairs priority in boarding the bus.
2. Please board and alight by means of specified doors; take care of accompanying children and elderly passengers.
3. Please tender the exact fare or pay by Octopus card. No change will be provided. Passengers may not collect
bus fares from other passengers inside the bus.
4. Please move into the bus compartment after boarding.
5. The bus captain has the right to refuse further boarding when the bus has reached the authorised carrying capacity.
6. The bus captain may refuse to permit any person who is believed to be intoxicated, in a dirty condition or indecently
dressed to enter or travel on the bus to avoid causing disturbance or danger to other passengers.
7. Do not bring live poultry, birds, pets or any other animals onto the bus (except guide dogs accompanying the blind).
8. Each passenger is only allowed to carry parcel(s) of a total volume not exceeding 0.1m3 and a total weight not
exceeding 5 kg and not containing goods of a dangerous or offensive nature. The parcel(s) shall not occupy any seat
and shall not be placed in the gangway or stairway of the bus.
9. Passengers taking "A" route or "NA" route may carry one luggage of maximum size of 71x56x26cm (28x22x10 inch)
and one hand luggage of maximum size of 56x36x23cm (22x14x9 inch) on board. For "E" route / "S" route / "N" route
passengers, they may carry one luggage of maximum size of 71x56x26cm (28x22x10 inch) on board.
10. When wishing to alight, press the stop button in advance to allow sufficient time for the bus captain to stop.
11. Please do not obstruct the staircase or doorways. The bus captain may give directions in the interests of public safety
to any passenger, including requesting:
I. passengers travelling with a baby stroller to fold and place the stroller properly in the bus (except for pediatric
II. passengers carrying a bicycle to fold and pack the bicycle properly before boarding the bus.
12. Do not stand beyond the yellow line marked inside the bus compartment when the bus is in motion to keep the bus
captain's sightline clear.
13. Do not stand on the upper deck or staircase of a double-deck bus when the bus is in motion.
14. Hold the handrails tightly when standing or moving about inside the bus compartment and on the staircase.
Sit down when seats are available and fasten the seat belt if one is installed.
15. Please offer your seat to those in need, such as the elderly, the disabled, pregnant women or those travelling with young
16. Do not speak to the bus captain when the bus is in motion unless it is necessary to do so on the grounds of safety.
Do not use any intimidating, insulting or abusive language or act in a manner likely to disturb the bus captain or
other passengers on board.
17. Do not write graffiti on or vandalise any part of the bus.
18. Smoking on buses is strictly prohibited by law. Please do not eat, drink, spit or litter on board in order to keep the bus
19. A passenger who finds any property that has been left on the bus should immediately hand it in the state in which
he/she finds it to the bus captain or the terminus supervisor.
20. Please be considerate to fellow passengers, and refrain from causing a nuisance to others by talking too loudly,
clipping nails, pushing against the seat in front with your knees, putting your feet on the seats, etc.
21. Passengers with a temperature or respiratory problems should wear a face mask.
22. Senior citizens aged 65 and over and children under the age of 12 are charged one half of the adult single fare rounded
up to the nearest ten cents.
23. Children under the age of 4, if accompanied by an adult and not occupying a seat, will be carried free of charge.
Not more than two children will be carried free of charge per adult.
24. Do not use coins of denominations of less than $1 for payment of an amount exceeding $2.
25. The scheduled bus frequency may be adjusted subject to traffic conditions without prior notice to passengers.
* With reference to Public Bus Services Regulations (Cap. 230A), Smoking (Public Health) Ordinance (Cap. 371)
and Coinage Ordinance (Cap. 454)